Passport holders of all 54 African countries are entitled to visa on arrival in Rwanda.
- Visitors holding Diplomatic Passport, Service/Official Passport and AU/UN laissez-passer travelling for official duty may obtain visa upon arrival free of charge.
- Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom and USA shall obtain entry visa and pay visa fee upon arrival at any Rwanda entry point without prior application. The entry visa fee is USD 30, valid for a period of up to 30 days. Nationals of these countries may also choose to obtain visa at Rwanda Diplomatic Missions (except the UN Mission in New York) or online.
- Nationals of EAC Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda) may obtain 6 months' visitor pass (renewable) upon arrival free of charge.
- Nationals of Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) may obtain 90 days' visitor visa upon arrival free of charge.
- National of Hong Kong, Mauritius, Philippines and Singapore are exempted from entry/tourism visa for a stay of up to 90 days.
- Nationals of all African countries travelling to or transiting through Rwanda may obtain entry visa upon arrival at any Rwandan entry point. The entry visa fee is USD 30, valid for a period of up to 30 days.
- Foreign residents of Kenya and Uganda may obtain East Africa Tourist Visa free of charge. This visa offers multiple entries within the three countries and shall be valid for 90 days. Other foreigners who wish to visit Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda simultaneously for tourism may obtain the East Africa Tourist Visa by paying a fee of USD 100.
- Nationals of other countries not listed above may choose to obtain visa at Rwanda Diplomatic Missions (except the UN Mission in New York) or online. The cost of a single entry visa (validity 30 days) and single entry conference pass (validity 30 days) is USD 30. Multiple entry tourist visa (validity 50 days) and multiple entry conference pass (validity 6 days) will cost USD 50.
- A traveler shall hold a valid passport or other acceptable travel document. The document must have a validity of at least 6 months on the day of entry in Rwanda.
- Travelers from certain countries may require Yellow Fever vaccination certificates in order to enter Rwanda. Click here for instructions on Yellow Fever prevention measures.